We love a fresh vegetable salad in our household. And because we also love fish, the only natural thing to due is combine them both. Voila!!! Salmon Salad....
Here is how my wife Lupe makes her salmon salad:
- 1 long Asian purple eggplant, diced thinly;
- 10 Star/Winged Beans, cut cross-ways about 1/8 inch;
- 8 Yard Long/Asparagus beans/frijoles, cut no longer than one inch and then blanched;
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, diced;
- 3 Green onions, diced;
- 1 Can of red salmon, 14-15 oz. can, break up the salmon, baked fresh salmon if you have;
- Juice from about 6 calamansi lemons;
- Salt to taste.
- Toss the vegetables together just to mix them up good.
- Add just enough lemon juice to wet the mix. You don't want to soak everything!!
- Then add the broken up salmon. You add the salmon last so that you don't break it up into very small pieces when you toss the veggies.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with a little more diced green onions.
Veggies are approximate to your desire and depending on availability in your area. Substitute if you like.
The eggplant is cut cross-ways about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Then each piece is quartered.
If calamansi lemon is not available in your area, you can used regular U.S. yellow lemons and a very small squeeze of fresh orange juice. You want some tang for flavor though.
There you have it. A real great, refreshing salad with an abundance of flavors.
Until next time....