Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Churrasco Steak Marinade

I just recently bought the new issue of Grilling, Spring 2011, by Better Homes and Gardens. On page 71, they have an article on Churrasco-Style Ribeyes. Within this recipe there is a great marinade. I just used this marinade on some beef steak I BBQ'd yesterday and it is great!! I christened this marinade, Churrasco Marinade. I know what you are thinking, no imagination. Oh well, I use the KISS method and that works for me.

Here is the marinade recipe:

1 cup of white wine vinegar
1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1/3 cup bottled minced garlic (I used fresh garlic)
1 tbsp Kosher salt
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp snipped fresh oregano (I have some in our garden)
1 tbsp snipped fresh thyme (I had to used the dried version)
1 tbsp ground black pepper

I placed the marinade in a plastic zip loc bag and added the steak in. I chilled this for about 3 hours, but the longer the better.

I grilled one-inch sirloin steaks using lump charcoal with hickory chucks. I also layed on a light sprinkle of my tri-tip rub. WoW!!! What a surprise!!!

The rainbow of flavors here was fantastic. It was like an adventure of flavor. My wife even commented about all the different flavors she experienced in her steak. She normally doesn't comment. She doesn't have time when she is eating, if you know what I mean.

My wife likes her steak well done and pre-cut.

You have got to try this marinade, if you haven't already. It is a pleasant change. I am going to do this again!!


Until next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hafa,

I'm living in California married to a Chammorita. I was looking for some ideas for Easter BBQ. I'm going to use your Churrasco recipe and bookmark your blog.

Adios