Friday, August 3, 2012

Rib Eye Burger aka the "RueBurger"


Burger Night Wednesday came and went. I didn't grill our burgers and I was definitely "jonesing". We just had too much food at the house to justify grilling my customary weekly creation. So I did it the following day, Thursday.

After spending a week trying to decide what type of burger I would create, I decided to create a burger that defines me. So I came up with a burger that has my favorite ingredients. First all all my favorite meat. Rib eye steak wins that hands down. My favorite cheese. It had to be smoked and have distinct, mellow flavor. It was a toss up between Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses. The smoked Mozzarella had a slight edge. Had to have something to back up my Mexican heritage. Thus the grilled Anaheim chilies. Then I wanted greens that were crunchy yet blended well with the rest of this burger. Baby spinach was my choice. And the onion....only one choice, Red Onion. Sweetness yet that bite and crunch only an onion can give you. Lastly my burger sauce. I have my standard Brown Spicey Mustard, Dijon Mustard, Mayo and Ketchup, which I call my "Yalaka" special. That is Chamorro (Guam) for "to mix up".

Here are a few photos on how I prepped and cooked all of this....

Dusted with a little of my Rueben's Rub added.

Olive oil and Rueben's Rub for the Anaheim Peppers and Red Potatoes.

Rib Eye gets it's grill marks on!

It's all coming together.

And here is the RueBurger!!

The flavor of this burger was just amazing. How many times do we actually grill our favorite piece of meat and enjoy it as a burger? If you are a true burger aficionado, you have got to do just that. Unbelievable flavors just swirl inside you mouth. It's almost like a party.

I will definitely be grilling this again. My wife, Lupe, wants her favorite Porterhouse Steak Burger with Portobello Mushrooms. That is definitely doable. 

Until next time....

No comments: