Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Creamy Coleslaw


We always have to have sides with our BBQ. Creamy Coleslaw is a good one to have. This coleslaw can stand alone or on top of the good ole pulled pork sandwich.

Here is the recipe...


Ingredients:

1 medium head green cabbage, cut into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips (about 9 cups)
½ of a small head red cabbage, cut into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips (about 3 cups)
3 medium carrots, shredded (about 1 cup)
¾ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon  apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons  sugar
½   teaspoon  salt
½ cup of sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:

In a very large bowl combine cabbages and carrots. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Mix the two right before serving.

Makes about 10 cups


Until next time....

2 comments:

Perry P. Perkins said...

Very pretty, and it sounds delicious! We eat a LOT of coleslaw around here, lol, so I'll have to try this one!

I'll tell ya, one thing I recently added (or, more honestly, someone else added) to my own slaw recipe was freshly toasted sesame seeds...they are amazingly good with coleslaw!

Thanks for another great recipe!

-Perry

Perry P. Perkins
Author
"La Caja China Cooking"
"MEAT FIRE GOOD"

Rueben said...

You are most welcome. I learn so much from your Burning Love BBQ site that I am thankful anytime that I am able to contribute a recipe to you.

I would also like you to try my Rueben's Slaw @ http://guamfirehousecook.blogspot.com/2011/05/ruebens-slaw.html

I really think you will like this slaw also.

Let me know what you think Perry. Adios....