Here is the recipe....
Spare Ribs Adobo
- 1 rack of spare ribs cut into 3 inch pieces.
- 1 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman).
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar.
- ½ medium onion, diced.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- ½ to 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- 3 bay leaves.
- 2 to 3 tbsp of olive oil or just enough to cover the bottom of the pot.
- 1 large potato cubed cut into ½ inch cubes (optional).
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (optional).
- Cut up, rinse and drain the spare ribs
- Cut the onions and garlic
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add the spare ribs, turn heat to high and brown the spare ribs.
- With the heat remaining on high add the rest of the ingredients except the optional items.
- Crumble up the dried bay leaves when adding.
- Cook about 20 minutes, then add the cubed potato and tomato sauce at this time if you are going to use them.
- Cook another 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but not disintegrating.
Serve with lemon finadene http://guamfirehousecook.blogspot.com/2011/05/lemon-finadene-guam-bbq-dipping-sauce.html and white Jasmine rice.
Try this recipe with and without the optional items. It is really great tasting either way.
I hope you enjoy.
Until next time....