Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fried Chicken Tenders

My daughter Naomi and her husband Brandon were coming over for the weekly Tuesday night dinner. Also a very close friend of the family was to join us. I wanted to cook something that we haven't had in a while. This was a tough one to call because we are always cooking up something different. After pondering the big "question", I decided on Japanese breadcrumb encrusted fried chicken tenders and chicken wings.

I love to cook bite-sized food, because they are so convenient and easy to eat and you just keep eating these morsels until they are all gone. No leftovers. Works every time.

So here's what I did....

When I fry, I double dip so first I dip the chicken in the egg-milk mixture.

Next I dust the chicken in my 1 to 1 mix of flour and masarina (corn meal) with my Santa Maria Seasoning mixed in.

*Santa Maria Seasoning
1 tablespoon sea salt1 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
1 tablespoon of Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, fine grind 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, medium grind
1/4 teaspoon Accent (MSG) (this is always optional)

Chop the parsley or crush it between your fingers to make it small enough to mix well with the other ingredients. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. 

Then I dip the chicken back into the egg-milk mix.

Finally dip into the Japanese bread crumbs and into the oil (350 F).

This is what the bag of Japanese bread crumbs looks like...


Fry them up for about 5 min. for the tenders and 10 min. for the wings.

Let drain for about 10 min. and serve.

That's all there is to this. Chicken was nice and juicy inside and crispy outside. The seasoning was just right.

Served this down with some fresh macaroni salad, homemade chile beans and white rice. And for dessert we had plantain bananas steamed in coconut milk with a touch of salt added in. 

Another Tuesday night meal with the family on Guam.

Until next time....


2 comments:

cowgirl said...

Looks like another winner Rueben! Thanks for sharing.. I'll add this to my to-do list. :)

Rueben said...

Cowgirl, the Japanese breadcrumbs are great!! Shrimp, tempura, fried fish, its all good.
Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the visit. Take care. (:{